Monday, December 3, 2012

Cranberry Mojitos

Cranberry Mojito


I spent the better part of the summer of 2002 perfecting my mojito making methods. In 2005 I graduated to rum and diet cokes during my nights out on the town, and then eventually cut rum out of my life except for the occasional mixed cocktail. I was recently sent a couple bottles of Shellback Rum so I decided to make something festive to try and get myself in the holiday spirit (see what I did there?). These mojitos are a little sweet, a little tart, and a lot of fun. The Shellback rum was surprisingly smooth which was nice with this particular cocktail. I found this recipe on We Are Not Martha. I reduced the amount of sugar in the simple syrup to 3/4 cup, but otherwise followed it exactly. You can find the original recipe here.

One year ago: Roasted Beet Salad with Wilted Greens, Herbed Goat Cheese and Candied Walnuts
Two years ago: Crostini with Poached Pears, Gorgonzola, and Honey
Three years ago: Kale Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
Four years ago: Penne with Pesto, Mascarpone, and Bacon

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

marla said...

Such a pretty cocktail!

vanillasugarblog said...

Totes!
What a fabulous cocktail.
Make a pitcher I'll be right over

lisa is cooking said...

Rum and I are old friends, and I should spend more time perfecting my mojito making! This cocktail looks perfect for the holidays.

Unknown said...

oh, rum, how i love thee. love the play of sweet and tart in this!

banana wonder said...

You got the engraved box booze? That is too much trouble, which I hope you're getting in :-) I gave up rum around that time, but now, I have made an exception for the good stuff, I would totally sip down this drink - looks so pretty and sounds so refreshing.

angela@spinachtiger said...

Tart and sweet are just how I like a drink. It's holiday time! I'm ready.

Joanne said...

Mojitos are really the only place I like rum anymore...and I think CRANBERRY mojitos would be especially delicious!

Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste) said...

Beautiful! I love a good mojito, and the festive cranberry addition will make these sippers that much more spirited at my Christmas table. Thanks for the inspiration!

Gastronomer said...

Cranberry mojito me. Please. I hope this got you feeling perfectly merry!

Katie (The Muffin Myth) said...

Gorgeous! I was making cucumber gin mojiots and blackberry gin mojitos in the summer, but I wonder how cranberry gin would go? I guess I'll have to test it out!

TidyMom said...

such a perfect merry drink!

Let Me Eat Cake said...

yum! healthy with the cranberry and healthy for the soul with the booze! love this

aida mollenkamp said...

Excuse me while I go make this right now!