Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blood Orangeade

I'm trying to limit my alcohol consumption leading up to my birthday (where I am sure copious amounts of wine will be consumed). However, I still wanted to have something special for our potluck and also share it with anyone who didn't feel like drinking so to use my remaining blood oranges, I came up with this. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon...hard, but I still enjoyed a glass of this summery fun beverage.

Blood Orangeade
(By Esi)

4 blood oranges, juiced
1 1/2 navel oranges, juiced
1 c water
1 c sugar
750 ml sparkling water

In a medium saucepan simmer 1 c water with 1 c sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool. Juice oranges. In a large pitcher, combine the juice, simple syrup, and sparkling water and stir. Serve in glasses filled with ice.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: