Thursday, February 16, 2012

Robata JINYA

Now that pilot season is in full swing, I'm finding it more and more difficult to have a social life. However, a girl has to eat and a girl also has to make time for friends she rarely gets to see. So last week, I was able to find some time in my hectic schedule to finally check out Robata JINYA. For a long time, the best place to get ramen was on the west side of town, but with Robata JINYA and Ramen JINYA, eastsiders and Valley residents no longer have to make the trek for a decent bowl of noodles.

For my first visit, I went pretty simple. To start, a glass of Sapporo.

Sapporo

We shared the shrimp toast appetizer ($7.80). The shrimp were sweet and plump in between the toasted bread.

Shrimp Toast

I love that you can order a half portion of ramen which for me was more than enough. I went with the spicy tonkatsu with thin noodles and light broth ($5.80). I believe the addition of an egg was a dollar extra as well as some seaweed for another dollar. Next time I'll skip the seaweed, but the soy marinated egg added an extra layer of richness to the already rich porky broth.

Spicy Tonkatsu Ramen

Egg and Seaweed

There are a ton of other non-ramen options on the menu and since this restaurant is now on my new route home from work, I'm hoping to explore much more in the near future.


Other bloggers who enjoy Robata JINYA
Gastronomy Blog
Bun Boy Eats LA
Midtown Lunch



Robata JINYA
8050 W. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 653-8877
Website

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

susan said...

I love Jinya and they are opening on up right by my house...counting the days!

Unknown said...

Oh looks delicous but I must say that is the tiniest shrimp toast I have ever seen!

lisa is cooking said...

I'm jealous! I wish I had a ramen place close to home.

Kristina Vanni said...

This restaurant sounds fantastic! I will certainly have to check it out soon.

Elliott said...

I dig that spot as well! Spicy tonkatsu is the way to go!

emily (a nutritionist eats) said...

We've driven by this place, so glad to see a review!

marla said...

That shrimp toast appetizer looks like fun :)

aida mollenkamp said...

Thanks for the report, Esi. I've been meaning to try this place!

Joanne said...

it's not always easy to strike the perfect balance between work and play, but a girl's gotta eat! for being so simple, good ramen is ridiculously tasty.

Diana said...

Yay! So glad you finally made it! One of my favorite neighborhood spots! Let me know if you ever want to meet up for some slurpy goodness once all the pilot season madness comes to an end!