Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mini Egg White Fritattas

Mini Egg White Fritattas

After the crack pie, I was left with a few egg whites that I didn't want to go to waste. I was thisclose to making macarons, but I ended up saving that failure for another time. Instead, I remembered these adorable little fritattas that Gaby made. I am all about the portable breakfasts during the work week and these fritattas take about two seconds to whip together. Plus, you can throw whatever you have laying around into them and chances are, it will turn out amazing. I went with some spinach, chives, and slow roasted tomatoes that I made months ago and have been lurking in my freezer ever since. I was so pleased with how these turned out that I am constantly thinking of new fritatta ideas. I am pretty sure the next attempt will include my favorite spring vegetable asparagus. I just can't wait to make these again!

Mini Egg White Fritattas
(Adapted from What's Gaby Cooking)



Makes 4 mini fritattas

4 egg whites, lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives
2 tablespoons chopped spinach
4 slow roasted tomato halves, diced
1-2 tablespoons crumbled feta

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.

In a medium bowl the egg whites with a large pinch of salt and a small pinch of pepper. Add the chives, spinach, tomato halves and feta to the bowl and divided the mixture between the muffin tins. Bake for 14-18 minutes until the whites have set.

Let the fritattas cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Run a small knife alongside each fritatta to release it from the pan. Serve warm.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Pam said...

Love those fritattas! That's a great thing with the mini portions and would be easy to make! Thanks!

vanillasugarblog said...

and healthy, without it being boring. some egg white meals are just awful, no flavor, this looks good.

June said...

Yum - spinach and feta. These look awesome!

La Bella Cooks said...

These look like they were full of flavor. Great breakfast!

Diana said...

Those are too cute for words! So I will give you letters instead: gaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Unknown said...

oh mini frittatas are even better than the big version :) i love eggs...

shaz said...

Very tasty sounding indeed, and healthy to boot - sounds like a winner.

Simones Kitchen said...

What a great idea to make bitesized fritatas!! They look lovely!

Kelly said...

Yum. Anything mini is instantly 200% yummier in my opinion. Nice job Esi.

Maria said...

Yea for egg whites. Who needs the yolks:)

Sarah said...

I have never have a fritatta but these look divine! I love the idea of cooking them with the egg whites.

Kerstin said...

What cute little fritattas! The roasted tomatoes sound lovely in them and they would also be such a great app!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

these are so gorgeous! looking at them makes me wish I could eat eggs!