Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chicken, Almond and Parsley Salad

Saturday morning, I'm browsing through some cookbooks and come across this recipe in Forever Summer. It's amazing that as many times as I have gone through this book, it still keeps surprising me. This salad was quick and easy which was good because I had a party to get to. I know it sounds really strange to have parsley as the lettuce in the salad, but it worked really well. I was able to use up more of my leftover grilled chicken. It was nice and light with a bright taste of lemon and a nice crunch from the almonds.


Chicken, Almond, and Parsley Salad
(Adapted from Forever Summer by Nigella Lawson)

1 cold cooked chicken breast, torn into chunks
1 or 2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley, just the leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons organic, extra-virgin olive oil
Juice from half a lemon
Small handful toasted slivered almonds
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a medium bowl or plate, toss together the chicken and parsley. Drizzle with the dressing and top with the slivered almonds.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: