Saturday, January 31, 2009

Squid with Bacon and Garlic Oil

I'm in an end of week coma. Yesterday, I said that my dinner the night before was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be...and more. Last night's James Morrison and Adele show was also everything I hoped and dreamed it would be...and more. Seriously, they KILLED IT!! I am sending some pics to my dear friend Tony at Musicbleep so stay tuned to his blog to see the roundup. Now I am exhausted from the last couple of days, and want to laze around all weekend, but it is too beautiful out and I have a ton of stuff to get done so I will try not to be lazy all day! Do you guys have plans for the Superbowl?

As I said when I made the calamari stew, I found quite a few recipes for squid that looked interesting and this was another one. I saved some of the squid from the other day so I could make this because it sounded really, really good. I was not disappointed. There are a bunch of bacon-y, garlicky, herb-y juices at the bottom of this so once again, you should definitely serve with some nice, toasted bread to sop them all up. Oh, and one last note. Today marks day 30 in my 30 straight days of Pilates workouts. It's another goal to cross off my list and I am so happy that I was able to prove to myself that I could a regular routine. I am definitely not a swan, but I am on my way!



Squid with Bacon and Garlic Oil
(Adapted from Bobby Flay)

2 slices bacon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
8 ounces fresh squid, cleaned and sliced into rings
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves

Place the bacon in a medium saute pan over medium heat and cook until lightly golden brown and the fat has been rendered. Increase the heat to high and add the garlic, olive oil, and squid, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the squid for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Stir in the herbs and serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Erica said...

Good for you with the pilates and I am glad you enjoyed the show!!!! Superbowl wise- we're sort of up in the air! My aunt invited us over for a party but we have a TON to do around here...so not sure! What about you?

vanillasugarblog said...

Awesome on the pilates...if you made it this far keep it up. I know from many of my friends that pilates pays off, big time.

Esi said...

Thanks ladies!

Erica, no real plans tomorrow. I think I have to rest up before the crazy work week starts.

Diana said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the show! I tried downloading Adele's cd on iTunes this morning and it wouldn't let me. :( Grr!

Congratulations on the 30 days of pilates! That's so awesome! The only thing I can cross off so far is making it to Riva. Hah!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Esi, beauty is in the soul. And you sound beautiful to me. But, I applaud your determination with the pilates. I tried it but with my Fibro, it made me hurt. As for the squid, I think I'll pass. But maybe I'll try the recipe iwth shrimp. :)

Anonymous said...

Stew looks great - summer food I think..aahh, can't wait for those warmer months to enjoy flavours like these on the deck!

Heather said...

that sounds so, so good. anything with bacon or garlic makes me happy. but both??? love at first sight.

gaga said...

I love squid but have never been brave enough to try making it at home. This looks great!