Monday, November 15, 2010

Mixed Berry-Acai Smoothie

Mixed Berry-Acai Smoothie

When I got an email from Bossa Nova with an offer to try one of their superfruit juices, I didn't hesitate to say yes. The juices arrived in gorgeous packaging (I use the canvas bag every week at the farmer's market), I opened one, drank most of it and left it at that. I finally got around to trying a couple of the juices in a "recipe" and so glad I did. I have had smoothies nearly every day for the last couple of weeks. It's an easy way for me to get my fruit servings each day and delicious to boot. I love that the juices aren't too sweet and are only sweetened slightly with agave. The juices came with a list of great recipes so I hope to try one of those soon, if not, I'm sure they will go well in some festive holiday cocktails.



Mixed Berry-Acai Smoothie
(By Esi)

Makes 1 smoothie

1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1/4 cup Bossa Nova Acai juice with blueberry
1/2 banana, sliced
1 teaspoon flax meal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon agave or to taste

Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Erica said...

The color is just gorgeous. I haven't tried Acai berries or juice. I've heard good things though. I have had acai frozen yogurt, does that count ;)

Amanda said...

Great recipe! We love smoothies in our house!

Blessings-
Amanda

Maria said...

Love this flavor!

Joanne said...

What a great review opportunity! I love love love smoothies and this sounds like such a tasty flavor.

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

They are wonderful juices & I am happy we also had the chance to try them over here :)

Unknown said...

their juice is good, and i bet it is fabulous in this smoothie!!

Unknown said...

I really have to try Acai juice. Never had it before.

kellypea said...

My tastebuds just "squelched" looking at that berry richness. YUM!

Anonymous said...

I just put everything in this recipe on my grocery list. Thank you!