Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily Grill

A few months ago while dining at Boho, Tony from SinoSoul informed us that the best burger in LA was not from one of the hundreds of burger shops popping up all over town, but instead from national chain, The Daily Grill. I was kind of shocked. It had been nine years since I last visited Daily Grill (when I worked at E! and my new boss took me out to lunch to get to know me). At the time, I remember it being fine, but nothing to write home about. I was recently invited to try the famed burger and I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

The thing about the Daily Grill is that it is typical American food, and yes, it is is a chain, but they seem to do it well, hence the popularity. To whet our appetites, we began with the popcorn shrimp. I'm not a huge fan of popcorn shrimp in general because there always seems to be too much breading with a tiny little shrimp inside, but these were lightly breaded and the shrimp were nice and plump.

Popcorn Shrimp at Daily Grill

My cheeseburger came out perfectly medium-rare and was clearly huge. Half of it was more than enough food for the evening. Daily Grill grinds their own beef in each of their locations twice a day in order to achieve optimum burger satisfaction. This attention to detail really shows and I love that the restaurant is so proud of their creation. The should be.

Cheeseburger at Daily Grill

Though I was stuffed, we had to order dessert. The apple and blueberry crumble had a great combo of sweet and tart with the gentle heat of cinnamon. If I wasn't so full, I would have had more than a few bites, but the few that I got in were delicious.

Apple and Blueberry Crumble at Daily Grill

Despite the insane traffic getting to Studio City on a random Wednesday night, I really enjoyed my Daily Grill experience. I hope to make it more than once every nine years and lucky for my east coast friends, this chain is nationwide!



*All food and drinks were comped. Opinions are my own.

Daily Grill
Various Locations throughout the country
Website

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like a delicious place to eat. I love popcorn shrimp - guilty pleasure!

Erica said...

I'm not a chain fan at all either...but there is one big exception- Mellow Mushroom! Its a great Southern Pizza place and I love it. The burger does look done perfectly. Glad you enjoyed

Joanne said...

I wonder where the nearest one is to NYC...I want that ice cream!

marla {family fresh cooking} said...

Finally I have been to a restaurant that you are covering - granted not the most glamourous one. Here in the OC we only have chains. The Daily Grill would be one of them. Good though.

Simones Kitchen said...

O that does look like a good place to have a real good burger!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

wow i would have never thought of Daily Grill when thinking of where to get a good burger, now i'm curious I do love a good burger! Also impressed they grind their own meat!

Georgia Pellegrini said...

So was your friend right and was it the best?? Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look out for it!

Diana said...

I remember liking the Daily Grill the last time I went - their sourdough bread is pretty carbolicious and the salad I had was good too. Nice to know I can get a decent burger there too!

Melli's Photos v Chile said...

Hi thanks for postiing this