Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hummus

Finally! A new food post. I actually wasn't sure I was going to be able to get this up because I had a quick night out with a couple of girlfriends at my favorite restaurant. We finished early enough so I could come home and watch my favorite show...I mean, cook something yummy. My fridge and cupboards are pretty bare, and I didn't feel like making a trip to the grocery store. Then I remembered this recipe for hummus that I saw a couple of weeks ago. I especially liked that it didn't use tahini which is really expensive at my store (I'm STILL waiting on that sugar daddy). I decided to add a little extra texture with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of pine nuts and paprika. This is really easy and can be mixed up so many different ways (next time I am for sure doing roasted garlic) and it's a great, healthy snack to take to work.

Hummus
(Adapted from The Delicious Life)

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
Juice from 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Paprika to taste
Pine nuts (optional)

In a small food processor pulse together the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and a few dashes. Add more oil as needed until the hummus reaches a smooth consistency. Add the parsley and pulse a few times until just combined. Serve drizzled with olive oil, a sprinkle of paprika, and pine nuts if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Diana said...

I love how you served it in the star glass dish -- looks so festive! Festive of what I'm not sure, but I enjoy it! :) (And Gossip Girl! What has become of sweet Serena?)

Esi said...

Diana - haha, you're right. I have no idea what the festivities are for, but I wanted a festive dish. And GG, I think Serena is going to make nice with Blair for a while, then they can be queen bees together. Oh man, I must get a life!

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks great!

musicbleep said...

OMFG...DID YOU TOTES SEE GG LAST NIGHT?! That BW is such a BIZ...LOVES IT! I also love love love hummus, especially in a star dish! Perfect for a night in watching your fave show! XOXO

Diana said...

Let's hope they are queen bees together! I think Serena should tell the dean she won't attend Yale unless Blair comes with her. And I also think I need to get a life too! ;)

test it comm said...

Hummus is one of my favorite snacks. It is so easy to make and so good!

Erica said...

owww looks awesome! And I'm with everyone else, how cute is that freaking dish! Glad you enjoyed the show ;)

Becka Robinson said...

I've been dying to make my own hummus. It's so expensive at the store and I just love it so much! Thanks for the recipe!

Sharon said...

Look at your cute dish! I have started making my own hummus since I finish it so quickly. Tahini is expensive though it lasts for.ever. so it's not a bad investment!

Alicia Foodycat said...

I don't particularly like tahini, so this recipe is great for me! Yum! And it looks so pretty.