Sunday, May 24, 2009

BBQ Cheeseburger Pizza

Cheeseburger Pizza

When I saw this pizza last week on Dawn's most excellent site, I knew I was going to be making it in the very near future. Doesn't it sound awesome, combining two foods into one delicious thing? I still have some rosemary pizza dough in my freezer, but I didn't think it would go with this combination so I quickly whipped up the dough I have used in a few pizzas before, but since I was lazy and didn't prep the night before, I used the dough the same day I made it. This is an insanely delicious pizza. It has heart attack written all over it, but since I have been working out a lot more (with all that free time on my hands), I really didn't feel as guilty about eating it. Plus, I made sure the beef and bacon were well drained before putting them on top of the pizza. Normally I favor a very thin crust on my pizza, but this time I tried to keep the crust a little thicker to be able to withstand the toppings. To get it to the size I wanted, it ended up being a little thinner than I expected, but I didn't mind. Since it's Memorial Day weekend and people are getting into the grilling mood, I think this pizza would be a great addition to any barbecue. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Cheeseburger Pizza Slice

BBQ Cheeseburger Pizza
(From Vanilla Sugar)

Pizza dough
Ground beef, cooked and crumbled
Bacon, sliced and cooked
Thinly sliced onions
BBQ Sauce
Red pepper flakes (omit if using a spicy BBQ sauce)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Roll out the pizza dough to desired thinness and place on the baking sheet. Mix the barbecue sauce with red pepper flakes if using. Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce over the dough. Spread a layer of cheese over the sauce and then top with the bacon and ground beef. Lay the onions over the meat, overlapping if desired. Brush the edges of the dough with olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned.

Printable Recipe

Cheeseburger Pizza

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 comments:

Evan said...

BBQ, cheeseburger, and pizza, OH MY!!! Looks dreamy!

Kerstin said...

Definitely the best of both worlds! My hubby could devour the whole thing by himself!

Pearl said...

thanks for sharing the recipe!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really does look good.

Erica said...

Dawn is a genius! Everything she makes sounds out of this world. Great re-creation!

Noodlegirl said...

wowowow too delicious

Reeni said...

This looks indulgent and so delicious! Lovely comfort food!

Marta said...

Hahaha this pizza certainly looks like it merits the thicker crust, that's a lot of cheeseburger on top! Looks very satisfying and comforting!

Unknown said...

Yum, i saw this too... except i still haven't made pizza...

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Looks like the best pizza. My two teenage sons would love this. Thanks.

Donna-FFW said...

This soundslike the most amazing pizza. BBQ cheeseburger on pizza, genious!

The Cooking Photographer said...

Hi Esi,

Yum yummm yumyum yum! What a great combo this would be! I want pizza very badly right now.

Laura

vanillasugarblog said...

Oh my! You made it! You know I seriously want to try doing it with a thin crust, and after seeing yours I know it can be done very well with the heavy toppings and all.
Thanks chicklet for the shout out and foodie love!

daxphillips said...

Looks great! I have been on a pizza kick for some time now and actually made a post last night that I will be sharing as well. I think it is all in the crust and it looks like you nailed it. You might be interested in these two as well. Really yummy as well. http://www.simplecomfortfood.com/2008/08/15/bacon-cheeseburger-pizza/ and http://www.simplecomfortfood.com/2008/09/19/chicken-raspberry-chipotle-pizza/

RecipeGirl said...

I'll be making this one for sure... my family digs it when I have Friday Night Pizza & Movie night, and this one would be a big hit in our house!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Esi this is yummy looking. Can I have a piece? You are such a great cook.

Creative Classroom Core said...

The onions really make this look cool. Yum!

Diana said...

Ok, that definitely works. I was a bit skeptical at first, but you've officially made me hungry for bacon, cheeseburger pizza.

Esi said...

Hey everyone, hope you're enjoying the long weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

Dawn, thanks for the idea! I loooved it!

Dax, I will check yours out!

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Now that is my kind of pizza - Looks so DAMN good!

test it comm said...

It has been too long since I last had a cheeseburger pizza. I like the sound of using the BBQ sauce!

Heather said...

mmm. that looks delicious! i love grilling pizza, it gives it such a nice clean flavor. hope you had a good weekend :)

Ozge said...

Looks fantastic! I looove pizza, you seem to make very delicious ones - I'll be coming back to your website, my first time and I'm following you from the lil box on the side =)

Spirited Miu Flavor @ Foodbuzz

Maria said...

I love Dawn's recipes. Looks like you mastered the pizza!

madspeed50 said...

Well I can only think of one way to improve upon your good lookin pizza, and that would be to add some of our Barbecue Sauce to it!! www.wildmountaingourmet.com

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Those onion rings are calling out to me. . .especially when they're on top of a fabulous looking pizza crust like that. . .Yummy!