Thursday, December 3, 2009

Eat My Blog Charity Bake Sale

Eat My Blog Postcard

Hey Angelenos, What are you all up to this weekend? In case you were wondering, the right answer is "I'm going to the Eat My Blog Bake Sale taking place from 10AM to 4PM at Zeke's Smokehouse in West Hollywood". What is Eat My Blog you ask? Well, I will tell you. A couple of months ago, a few fabulous LA bloggers got the idea to put on a bake sale with the proceeds being donated to LA Regional Foodbank. When they asked me to take part, I immediately said yes. We're all fortunate to surround ourselves with food and talk about it constantly, but there are many, many people right in our own backyards who go without. The LA Regional Foodbank has been distributing food since 1973. To learn more about the foodbank click here.

There will be a ton of wonderful LA foodbloggers participating in the event. I'll be making pumpkin swirl brownies and there is a huge list of all of the desserts here (including many with BACON!). Some wonderful companies are sponsoring the event including Challenge Butter and hot drinks from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Again, the event goes from 10AM to 4PM and if you want to come say hello to me, I'll be working from noon to 4 with some of my Foodbuzz Festival partners in crime. So come on out, say hello, and help raise money for an amazing cause. See you there!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Meagan Lopez said...

Wow. That sounds amazing. I wish I were in LA right now. I passed by Zeke's many a day on my way to Target. Good luck and good job on a good cause!

Maria said...

What a fun event. I wish I was closer!

Erica said...

ah! I totally wish I could come. Hope ya'll raise a lot of $$

vanillasugarblog said...

have fun momma!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

I can't wait for Saturday! And I'm so excited to try your brownies =)!

Diana said...

Can't wait! :) :) :)

Gastronomer said...

Esi - So HAPPY you're on board! Your brownies are gonna knock 'em dead -- that's why we must be sure to collect money first and then let the customers eat.

Kerstin said...

What a great cause! And it sounds fun, I wish I could come!

lisaiscooking said...

What a great idea for food bloggers! Sounds like a great event.

Kana said...

Sounds like a good time, wish there was something like that in NY. Have fun!!

Sippity Sup said...

oops! First I have heard of this... I am sorry I missed it. GREG