Monday, September 19, 2011

Street Eats at The Taste

Over Labor Day weekend, the Los Angeles Times and Food & Wine magazine held the The Taste. The four day event featured celebrity chefs, cooking demonstrations, presentations, and of course a ton of delicious food and wine. Though I had a pass to attend all of the events, I was only able to make it to Street Eats due to some personal obligations that weekend. It was a fun afternoon which ended with a freak rainstorm and a brilliant rainbow. Here are some of the highlights.

Street Eats at The Taste

Mini flans and bacon bread pudding from Creme Caramel. That bread pudding is to die for. The perfect mix of sweet and salty.

Creme Caramel at The Taste

Crying Tiger pork from Jitlada. I never get tired of this dish. In fact, I just had the beef version again this past weekend.

Crying Tiger Pork from Jitlada

Pineapple and Prickly Pear Agua Fresca from Loteria Grill. So refreshing on the warm afternoon.

Pineapple and Prickly Pear Agua Fresca from Loteria Grill

Braised Beef with Potato and Egg from Mexikosher. Yes, kosher Mexican food.

Braised Beef with Potato and Egg from Mexikosher

Wine tasting co-hosted by Justin Warner who treated us to a full-fleged rap about wine at the end. Highly entertaining.

Wine Tasting at The Taste

Lamb Flatbread with sumac, pistachio, and coriander from Palate Food + Wine. My favorite bite of the day. It was a little difficult to eat, but full of warm spicy flavors with a little bit of cooling from the yogurt.

Lamb Flatbread from Palate Food & Wine

We got out of there just as it started to rain, but later I got to see this.

The Observatory at Sunset 9/4/11

I had a great time that day. I would have loved to go to some of the other events, but duty called. Next time!

One year ago: Momed
Two years ago: Cubano Sandwiches
Three years ago: Slow Roasted Tomatoes

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Erica said...

So fun!! I want the flatbread

Amanda said...

What a wonderful time!! Everything looks so neat!

marla said...

Oh how I would LOVE to get to the Taste of LA ....someday :)

Nancy said...

Every time I read your posts Esi I am convinced I have to sell my house and move to LA - the number of fab restaurants you have there is ridiculous! Wish I could have made it up for this event... ah, next year!!

Georgia Pellegrini said...

I've never heard of The Taste but it looks wonderful. All of these great food festivals are popping up everywhere it seems!

Joanne said...

Between this post and the one over at The Duo Dishes...I might be packing up my things and moving tomorrow. LA has some great food!

Autumn said...

This looks like such a delicious event! And what a gorgeous rainbow over Griffith Park-- fabulous. :)

susan said...

so wanted to go to this but we were away. now, via you, I feel as though I was there! next year we are going together! xx

Maria said...

So many good eats and I love the rainbow photo!

lisa is cooking said...

It has to be a good day when it ends with a rainbow! (It's been way too long since we've seen any around here.) The flan and bread pudding look fantastic. Wish I could have a taste.

Crème Caramel LA said...

Thank you so much for the mention. :) We're really happy that everyone loved the little crème caramels. Take care and hope to see you again soon.