Monday, October 20, 2008

Mediterranean Salad with Prosciutto and Pomegranate

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!! Mine was filled with lots and lots of cooking...and catching up on some tv. It was a mostly good weekend. Raul and I finally got to the farmers market and Trader Joes. I felt like I bought the store, but it was definitely worth it. I am so looking forward to making all kinds of delicious things this week. My friend who cooked with me agreed that fall is the best time of year. Not only for fashion but for the most amazing food. I actually didn't think I would be bringing you another pomegranate recipe so soon (even though I still have 3 huge fruits left), but I found this recipe last week and couldn't resist making it for my lunch for today. I actually made a similar combination of flavors the other day for something fun I have planned and I had a bunch of stuff left over. This a really fast recipe that can be used as an appetizer at a nice dinner or a quick lunch. I can't promise that you won't see pomegranates from me again this week, but I do promise that I have some other things and will hopefully bring you a fun week of food!

Did you watch Adele on SNL this weekend? Here she is performing at an NYC radio station. Simply amazing! The girl is only 20 years old!

Mediterranean Salad with Prosciutto and Pomegranate
(Adapted from Epicurious)

1 cup very thinly sliced fennel bulb
Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Kosher salt
2 big handfuls of arugula
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
Splash balsamic vinegar
Thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into strips
Pomegranate seeds
Freshly ground black pepper

Toss fennel and 2 teaspoons olive oil in medium bowl. Sprinkle with a dash of salt.

Combine arugula, green onions, mint, vinegar, and 2 teaspoons olive oil in large bowl; toss. Season with salt and pepper.

Divide greens among plates. Top with fennel, then drape with prosciutto. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Diana said...

I don't think I've ever seen prosciutto that looked so lean -- is that from Trader Joe's?

Esi said...

Hey Diana! I found the prosciutto in the deli section at a Ralphs in Loz Feliz. I don't remember the brand, but I liked that it was leaner looking than the other stuff that's out there.

Diana said...

Wow! I would never guess that was from Ralph's! I'll have to check it out! :)

Apples and Butter said...

Looks delicious! I can taste the prosciutto just looking at that picture! What Farmers' Market do you go to in Los Angeles?

Heather said...

hi! shoot me an email with your address sometime, i have a little thanks-for-participating gift from my blog event :)

Erica said...

This looks like something that should be served at a restaurant. What a wonderful combo! Love the farmers market :)

Dee said...

That looks real good!
Also, thank you so mch for the danish recipe. I made it this weekend, and it was fab!

Esi said...

Apples and Butter - I go to the Beverly Hills farmers market because I can walk there, but once in a while I will try the Hollywood market. They have a lot of the same vendors, but Hollywood is bigger.

The Blonde Duck said...

Wow, that's a cool use of pomegranate!

Prudy said...

Hooray, more pomegranites! I'm making a salad with some tonight too!

7h30 said...

Yum Yum. Looks Delicious. I LOVE Prosciutto.

Esi said...

Blonde Duck, Prudy, and Brad - thank you!

Olga said...

that looks so pretty and fresh and full of flavor!