Monday, August 17, 2009

Cherry Tomato and Arugula Salad

Cherry Tomato and Arugula Salad

Do you ever have those moments when you just can't decide what to eat so you don't eat anything? I totally had one of those yesterday. Luckily after some hemming and hawing, I finally decided to tackle another one of Bittman's salads. I had all the fixings to make #10. It's easy, fresh and so flavorful. I love the flavor you get from cooking the tomatoes. Instead of curry powder, I used a little Vadouvan (courtesy of The Spice House). This salad is great on its own, but I imagine a piece of grilled chicken breast would be an excellent addition and make this a complete meal.


Cherry Tomato and Arugula Salad
(aka #10 on Mark Bittman's List)

Makes 1 serving

Large handful arugula
Large handful cherry tomatoes
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon mint, chopped
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch Vadouvan (or curry powder)

Cook the tomatoes in olive oil over high heat until they brown lightly, sprinkling with curry powder. Cool a bit, then toss with the arugula, mint and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Maria said...

I love this one! Simple but amazing!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is a beautiful salad. I can't wait to give it a try.

Erica said...

Love it- a cooked tomato is sooo yummy. Brings out all the flavor

Reeni said...

Simple, fresh and so delicious! I bet it would be great with chicken or shrimp!

vanillasugarblog said...

sprinkle the tomatoes with a bit of curry while cooking? oh yes pluuuuuease. I have one of his books "the best recipes in the world" and I have to say I'm really liking it. Most of the recipes are so simple, yet truly flavorful JUST like this one you made.

Unknown said...

simple, yet i love the slightly blistered tomatoes :)

Simones Kitchen said...

I just love simple salads! Funny we both had cherry tomatoes on our mind apparently!

Anonymous said...

I wish I liked tomatoes - that looks so good!

Diana said...

I am salivating over those tomatoes. Looks like another M Bittman winner!

Becka @Studio222 Photography said...

MMMMM.... I love me some cherry tomatoes!