Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Napa Valley Grille

Blood Orange Mojito

A couple of years ago I had a random dinner out with my friend Dan at Napa Valley Grille. I say random only because we didn't know about the place, but we happened to be in Westwood so we stopped in. It was a great dinner, but for some reason I never went back. This past Sunday we decided to visit the restaurant for happy hour before heading to see JenFinn's play. For some reason none of us had eaten anything that day so to say we were starving was putting it lightly.

Beef Slider

It's a good thing the restaurant was so empty. Our food came out almost immediately and everything was so good. One blood orange mojito for Raul and wine for the rest of us and soon all thoughts of hunger had vanished.

Grille Pizzette

Dan's choice was the mac and cheese. It was unbelievably creamy.

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

Of course when you get burgers, you have to have fries. In this case they had plenty of garlic and herbs.

Garlic and Herb Fries

The crispy calamari had an interesting mix of calamari, lemons, and onions. Fried lemons are really good. Who knew?

Crispy Calamari

The iceberg wedge wasn't my favorite, but that's mostly because I don't care for iceberg. The toppings were great though.

Iceberg Wedge Salad

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

Erica said...

Ow- lots of great food! Lovin the looks of those fries!

Diana said...

Those burgers are so cute with the pickles on top! I approve.

Of the calamari and fried lemons too...

vanillasugarblog said...

OMG! Seriously that lemon and calamari heavenly.
I really want a cocktail now, one with a ton of ice. Who knew is right--don't you love when that happens though?

Reeni said...

Everything looks delicious from where I'm sitting! Fried lemons - how interesting!

Food Goes In Mouth said...

If you happen to make it back a third time, assuming their policy hasn't changed, I love how they do not charge a corkage for Napa wines you bring in. Makes for a good way to enjoy your wine touring bounty alongside the good food :D

The Food Librarian said...

I haven't been there in years! Must try to go again. Those calamari look great!!

Donna-FFW said...

All of the food and the drink looks stellar!

Anshika said...

You made me hungry. I want to have all of it. Pictures are looking real. I wish I could take a bit of each.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'd have a difficult time making a selection. It all, thanks to your gorgeous photos, looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

But, I on the other hand love a good ice cold wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon crumbles. ;)

Cookie said...

We've passed Napa Vally Grille several times when we visited Napa but never went in. Now I feel like we have to!

Alicia Foodycat said...

What a fantastic meal! Blood orange mojito, yum! Herbs & garlic on the fries is one of the best ideas ever.

Maris said...

Everything there looks great! I can't wait to visit Napa Valley!

Olga said...

I would so happily consume every single dish in this meal :)