Monday, August 3, 2009

Grilled Cinnamon Bruschetta with Strawberries and Mascarpone

Grilled Cinnamon Bruschetta with Strawberries and Mascarpone


Finally! The last of the appetizers from my fabulous cocktail party! It was such a great time, it's taken me a whole week to talk about it, lol. Anyway, these are a nice little sweet treat and much of it can be prepared ahead of time. I cut up the bread, mixed the cinnamon sugar and sliced the strawberries the night before so the day of the party, I just had to dip and cook the bread before assembling. Luckily, I had many helping hands which made the process much quicker.

I thank you all for the well wishes on my move. I am slowly, but surely getting settled in (although still missing internet which is fun for a food blogger - note the sarcastic tone). Happy Monday!!


Grilled Cinnamon Bruschetta with Strawberries and Mascarpone
(From Sophistimom)

1 baguette, thinly sliced on an angle
3 tablespoons butter at room temperature
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (120g) mascarpone cheese
1 pint (300g) strawberries, washed, dried, and sliced

Butter one side of each slice of bread. Mix together cinnamon and sugar, and dip the buttered side of bread in the cinnamon sugar. Place the bread, cinnamon and sugar side down, in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Watch them carefully to ensure the sugar doesn’t burn. Remove from pan when the cinnamon and sugar caramelizes. Allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack.

Spread each cinnamon toast with 2-3 teaspoons of mascarpone cheese. Garnish with 2-3 slices of strawberries.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

Erica said...

Love love this. Cinnamon sugar, creamy mascarpone, and berries? On bread? Heaven! I'm coming to your next party for sure (even if I'm not invited ;).

Glad the move is going well

Evan said...

You had me at cinnamon, but add bruschetta, mascarpone, and strawberries and I'm in heaven!

Diana said...

What a clever idea! Simple, yet delicious.

Hope you are getting settled into the new place!

veggie belly said...

Strawberries and mascarpone are the best! I bet the bread will be great on an outdoor grill too!

Unknown said...

this caught my eye before, but i love it!

The Duo Dishes said...

Mmm, the cinnamon and marscarpone are perfect.

Reeni said...

What a great idea for a sweet bruschetta! They look so yummy!

Chef Fresco said...

Bruschetta is our favorite! I really need to try making some dessert bruschetta though - this looks so good!

My Crazy Thoughts (the other half of Money Funk) said...

Now we're talkin'! I can't wait to make this one, Esi!

angela@spinachtiger said...

I know what I"m serving at my next party. Fabulous.

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really look spectacular. I'll be making these really soon.

Kerstin said...

These look so good with that mascarpone - yum!