Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mediterranean-Style Turkey Wrap

Mediterranean-Style Turkey Wrap

This has become my go-to dinner of late since I'm not a big fan of cooking when I get home from work. It's a simple, fast, and flavorful meal and the prep can be done ahead of time to make it even faster. This can easily be changed up using different hummus flavors and vegetables. I really like the version with spicy hummus. I encourage you to have fun with it!

Mediterranean-Style Turkey Wrap

Mediterranean-Style Turkey Wrap
(By Esi)

Makes 1 wrap

1 whole wheat tortilla
2 tablespoons roasted garlic hummus
2 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
Small handful baby spinach leaves
1 small roma tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sliced black olives
1 teaspoon crumbled feta
8 thin slices of cucumber
2 pepperocinis, thinly sliced (optional)

Spread the hummus over the tortilla. Layer the turkey over the hummus and top with the remaining ingredients. Roll and serve.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

lisa is cooking said...

The title of this alone sounded great, and then I saw the pepperoncinis. I love all these ingredients together!

vanillasugarblog said...

i know what i'm having for dinner! going to TJ's to get wraps and feta baby! this looks so good right now!

Maria said...

Love the Mediterranean flavors!

notyet100 said...

this looks so delicious,perfect for on the go meal

Unknown said...

that looks so tasty... and i'm ready for lunch :)

Erica said...

Hooray for using up your roasted turkey! A great go to meal. I love spicy hummus- do you do homemade or sabra or?

susan said...

what does this for me are the pepperocinis. what a great addition!

Joanne said...

This is definitely an awesome quick throw-together dinner! I love anything with hummus smeared all over it!

Allison [Haute Box] said...

LOVE this! Can you make me one. I think you might make it better than I do. :)

Kerstin said...

Mmmm, this is right up my alley, minus the olives :) Feta and hummus just make everything better!

test it comm said...

This looks nice and simple, healthy and tasty!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Looks like a pretty quick lunch to take to work too!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Looks like a pretty quick lunch to take to work too!

Diana said...

How am I not at all surprised that you like the spicy hummus best? If only they made a spicy garlic hummus...

The Nerd said...

I just had a wrap very similar to this from an organic restaurant nearby. I was thinking what a yummy, filling and healthy lunch this would make during the work week. Thanks!