Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Analletti with Sausage and Greens

I tried this recipe about a month ago and I can't get enough of it. It's seriously the easiest thing to make and is so tasty. I added a little extra crushed red pepper cause I like it HOT. I have tried this with turkey Italian sausage and with chicken chorizo. I prefer the Italian stuff. I used just half a bag of the "spaghettios" and had food for DAYS.

Analletti with Sausage and Greens
(from The Kitchn)

1/2 lb Analletti pasta (available at Trader Joes)
2 or 3 links of spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
1 tbsp of minced garlic
4 or 5 handfuls of baby spinach
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 c grated parmesean cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Boil pasta for about 12 minutes and drain. In the same pot that you cooked the pasta in, add the sausage and then the garlic, chili pepper and salt and pepper - cook until sausage is browned. Add spinach and combine until it is just wilted. Add pasta and then cheese and stir until it is all combined and the cheese has started to melt. Serve immediately.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: