Friday, May 23, 2008

Grilled Bok Choy with Spicy Vinaigrette


Sometimes I make mistakes. It is rare for me to admit it, but it happens. Tonight I got home and wasn't hungry, but I didn't want my farmer's market veggies to go to waste and I had seen this recipe last week and thought it looked pretty interesting and a nice way to dress up an otherwise mild vegetable. Like I said I don't really measure, but I don't think that was the problem. I cooked this on my indoor grill pan instead of my outside grill which is in need of new propane. I know people always like to say that grill pans make "such great grill marks", but they don't necessarily add that grill flavor. I think the essence of this recipe is in that grilled flavor. I will definitely try it again cause I think this would be an awesome summer side dish. In other awesome week news, my Wii Fit came today and I already can't get enough. You know where to find me this weekend!!

Grilled Bok Choy With Spicy Vinaigrette
(adapted from Food Network)

1 or 2 heads of baby bok choy
1 tbsp chili sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
2 or 3 green onions, chopped
sesame seeds (optional)

Mix chili sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, and green onions. Whisk in oil and then toss with bok choy. Grill on a super hot grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Serve with any leftover vinaigrette if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: