Friday, October 29, 2010

Artisinal LA

This last weekend was the inaugural Artisinal LA event. I was lucky enough to win tickets from the beautiful and awesome Nastassia of Let Me Eat Cake and The Manila Machine, but even before I won the ticket, I was planning on checking out the event.

Artisinal LA was a showcase of some of LA's best food producers. There was everything from liquor to cupcakes to bacon jam and everything you could imagine in between. For me the highlights were the peanut butter and sea salt truffles from Compartes, the bacon from Cast Iron Gourmet, the sauces and rubs from Sauce Goddess Gourmet, and the insanely addictive bacon jam from the ever charming Chicks With Knives' Perishable Pickle Shop.  As an added bonus, partial proceeds from ticket sales went to benefit LAUSD Edible School Garden Programs.

The gals from Bakelab had a lovely display and I love their hand-drawn art on shirts and aprons.

Artisinal LA

Artisinal LA

Chocolates from Compartes are almost too pretty to eat...almost.

Compartes display at Artisinal LA

I spent a lot of time tasting everything the Sauce Goddess had to offer

Sauce Goddess Display at Artisinal LA

Two words....Bacon. Jam.

Perishable Display at Artisinal LA

CWK Perishable Display at Artisinal LA

Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese
(Put bacon jam on a grilled cheese and try not to die from pleasure)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

omg god bacon jam on grilled cheese. holy moly!! that must taste amazing

Joanne said...

Sophia of Burp and Slurp also posted about that jam and I died a little. I think I'm really going to have to have some shipped over to the east coast. Pronto.

Erica said...

I'm obsessed with food events. Love the little tastes. peanut butter and sea salt truffles sound fantastic.

Diana said...

So bummed I miss this! Bacon jam, BakeLab cookies, Compartes? It had like all of my favorite things!

Except maybe quinoa.

Unknown said...

yeah i saw that jam on another post and i couldn't stop thinking about it. on a grilled cheese?? perfect :)

La Bella Cooks said...

You find the most amazing foodie events. I obviously need to move down south!

Denise Michaels - Adventurous Foodie said...

I have a feeling I'm going to have to be at this event next time around. I'm only a 4-hour drive away from LA so it's doable.

A grilled cheese with jam and bacon. That's just wrong - in the most right kind of way.

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

You lucky girl! Not only does this event look beautiful I can only imagine the quality of all that artisinal food.

Amanda said...

WOW!! So jealous!! Looks like a blast!

shaz said...

Whoa, look at those chocolates. You get to attend such fun events Esi! Yeah, feeling a little green eyed here ;P.

Olga said...

omg, those chocolates are gorgeous. no worries: I would not be one of those people who would not be able to eat them :)