Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Recipe Ideas

Now that the pumpkin drought seems to be over, I've noticed that the searches for pumpkin recipes are spiking on the blog. I thought I would do a round-up of some of my favorite pumpkin recipes. No pumpkin pie for me because I think it's disgusting, but here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy this fall treat.

The number one search by far has been pumpkin oatmeal. It's a great way to enjoy pumpkin every day if you're an oatmeal person and can be changed up a bunch of ways.


From Dishing Up Delights

I think my personal all time favorite are these pumpkin cinnamon rolls. They're so indulgent and totally worth it!


From Dishing Up Delights

Pumpkin shortcakes with apple compote look like an elegant dessert, but couldn't be easier to make. It's a great way to wow your guests at a dinner party.


From Dishing Up Delights

Last year for Eat My Blog I made pumpkin swirl brownies. They seemed to go quickly. Maybe I should make them again this year...

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies

The first time I realized I enjoyed pumpkin was in junior high after trying my friend's mom's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. These aren't quite the same, but definitely brought back pleasant memories.


From Dishing Up Delights

Not all pumpkin recipes have to be dessert. Here's a great savory way to enjoy pumpkin in the form of pumpkin gnocchi. Of course semi-healthy whole wheat pumpkin gnocchi get doused in sage butter, but you know...all in moderation.


From Dishing Up Delights

I hope this round-up has inspired you to go pick up several cans of pumpkin and try some of these recipes. Happy pumpkin season!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great suggestions! I'm sorta thinking I'm going to just mix some in with greek yogurt and try that with granola for breakfasts.

Becca

Amanda said...

Great recipes!

Kristen - Dine & Dish said...

I have pumpkin on the brain and this post just gave me a whole slew full of ideas! Yum!!

Erica said...

I've been dreaming about those cinnamon rolls since you made them. Everything looks good. Love love pumpkin

The Food Librarian said...

All yummy suggestions! I can't wait to make those P-brownies. :) - mary

Joanne said...

I love everything about pumpkin and everything about these recipes! Great round-up.

Unknown said...

ooh, i just made pumpkin cinnamon rolls, yum! i might need to do those gnocchi though, i'm on a kick :)

Simones Kitchen said...

Lovely roundup of pumpkin recipes! I had a discussion with someone recently who thought pumpkin was not For desserts! I will point him to this post For sure.

Diana said...

I think your pumpkin cinnamon rolls recipe was the one that really made me go, "Wow, this girl is awesome!"

I was right, of course.

Kasey said...

I made those pumpkin swirl brownies last year for a Thanksgiving potluck and they were such a hit. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Ohh all of them looks so good.

Julie said...

thanks for yet another great pumpkin round up! i LOVE pumpkin and can't get enough of the recipe ideas!

Banana Wonder said...

i am sooooo making those pumpkin cinnamon rolls, but now that i look at your temptations, the gnocchi and brownies are hollering at me as well. better get cookin!

vanillasugarblog said...

ESI! how could one forget that gnocchi? i mean hello? and yes, i still have NOT made it, vowing i said i would and haven't.
have a good weekend hot momma!

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Lot's of great recipe. My favorite recipe with pumpkin is pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting.

Kerstin said...

Mmm, I'll have one of each please :)

Kelly Valentine said...

That pumpkin oatmeal is right up my alley and looks SO easy to make. Yummy.


xxo Kelly
Glamourous Spirit

M. said...

I love this recipe roundup! pumpkin gnocchi would my favorite :)

Chef Fresco said...

Nice post! I'm gonna have to go for the dessert. =)