Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Campanile Brunch

Autostrada

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday!! I had a great weekend and a truly lovely birthday. One of the highlights of the weekend was brunch with my mom and sister at Campanile. After the amazing pig roast last month, I was already thinking of when I could return. Since I was planning a little get together for later in the day, I wanted to find a nice brunch spot, but also a place that would leave us with some room for the spread I had spent many hours preparing. For those of you not familiar with Los Angeles, there are A LOT of brunch spots in town. Picking one can be almost an impossible task. I am so glad I picked Campanile for this particular day.

Greek Salad

After an unfortunate accident with the coffee, we were gifted with some complimentary pastries. The blueberry muffin was very similar to the one I made last week and the apricot strawberry pastry was just enough to whet our appetites. My mom having had two dinners the night before, was in the mood for salad so she went with the Greek. My sister was a little hungrier and is also someone who requires eggs in the morning so she went with the Egg and Prosciutto. I picked the Autostrada thinking it would be a salad, but was presented with a fantastic looking sandwich filled with cured meats and provolone and bits of spicy peppers in every bite. It was a fantastic meal followed by a wonderful afternoon with close friends. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

Egg and Prosciutto

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 comments:

Erica said...

Ow! Sometimes mishaps pay off. Everything looks fabulous. I love brunch...I may prefer going out to brunch vs. going out to dinner :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope no one was burned by the coffee! Those eggs look beyond wonderful. It sounds like a great spot for brunch.

Marta said...

Sounds like you had a lovely brunch! Great in-restaraunt photos, those are tricky!
The eggs lok so cute :)

Diana said...

Everything looks scrumptious! So glad Campanile worked out for you! :) I loved my brunch there earlier this year. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Eve said...

Your photos are gorgeous!!!

Lo said...

What a great brunch! So glad to hear that you had such a great day.

Reeni said...

The food looks awesome! Glad you had a fun birthday!

Juliana said...

Wow, all the dishes look so yummie! Nice brunch!

Justin said...

yum. hey, you know the chef Mark Peel has a new book coming out this Fall called NEW CLASSIC FAMILY DINNERS, and I'm not just saying that because I worked with Mark on it. Oh wait, yes, I am.

Chef Fresco said...

I hope you had a nice birthday! All of that food looks amazing!

Unknown said...

looks amazing! and can't go wrong with free pastries ;) hope no one got burned from the coffee!

Simones Kitchen said...

Glad to hear you had such a great day! I especially like the look of that gorgeous sandwich! Beats a salad almost any day I would say... although I do love salads..:)

Unknown said...

Looks like a lovely, lovely brunch. Hope no one was hurt, yikes.

Kerstin said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you had the perfect celebration! I love going out for brunch too :)

Esi said...

Hello everyone! Thank you again. No one was injured in the coffee incident :)

Diana said...

So I already commented on this one, but when I opened up your blog and saw the picture of the grilled sandwich again, it made me inexplicably very very happy.

Maria said...

Breakfast and brunch foods are my favorite! Glad you enjoyed it and had a nice birthday!

Alicia Foodycat said...

I think your sandwich looks like the tastiest option! Yum!