Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chicken and Blackberry Salad with Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette

Chicken and Blackberry Salad

In anticipation of the long weekend and some changes coming up, I have been trying to keep my fridge a bit on the empty side. Of course it means I have less to post and I am eating some repeats, but hopefully I will have some fun things to share with you soon. I consider this recipe to be more of a suggestion than something you should strictly follow, but it worked really well for me yesterday. It is simple and makes the best of some great summer produce. It is so fast to make, you can literally put it together before you head out the door to work and have a great meal for a weekday lunch. I'm not going to lie, I used a store bought roasted chicken here because it is something that I can use to help put together a simple and delicious meal in a pinch.

I hope you have a nice long weekend filled with delicious eats. What are your plans for the holiday??


Chicken and Blackberry Salad



Chicken and Blackberry Salad with Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
(By Esi)

Makes 1 serving

1-2 handfuls baby spinach, roughly chopped
Small handful blackberries
1 piece cold cooked chicken, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

In a small cup, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, thyme, and season with salt and pepper.

Fill a bowl with the spinach and top with the chicken and blackberries. Top the entire salad with the vinaigrette and toss to combine.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

Beautiful! This looks perfect.

I'm going to veg this weekend! I hope you have a great 4th!

Simones Kitchen said...

I have to confess I use storebought smoked chicken on a regular basis... If I'm in a hurry it's just perfect!

Erica said...

Again, I LOVE fruit in salads...its really perfect. I haven't tried blackberries in a salad yet though! Putting it on the list ;)

Unknown said...

ooh, fabulous! blackberry and thyme :) have a great weekend! i'm off to a friend's boat :)

The Cooking Photographer said...

Esi this is so pretty, and the flavors are just perfect together.

I am doing everything this weekend it seems. Going from one thing to the next and lots of traveling.

I am looking forward to a day of rest on Monday lol!

Laura

Creative Classroom Core said...

Yum! What great ingredients!!!

Nicole Feliciano said...

We’re planning on grilling up a storm this weekend. I just posted a recipe share link on my site. Hope you’ll stop by and add a favorite:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-feasts.html

Kerstin said...

Gorgeous salad - love those plump blackberries and the vinaigrette looks delicious!

Chef Fresco said...

Yum! looks delicious! I love fresh blackberries!

Michelle Rittler said...

This sounds like such a simple salad! I've used strawberries and raspberries in salads before, but never blackberries. I can't wait to try it out. :)