Monday, July 27, 2009

Kafta Beef Kabobs

Kafta Beef Kabobs

Alright, so the beef kabobs won as the first recipe featured from my 24, 24, 24 dinner. It is easy to see why. Although it can be hard to want to taste all your food after all that prep, I couldn't resist trying a bite of these because they just smelled so good. As you will come to see over the next few days, many (or maybe all) of my recipes for this dinner were from fellow food bloggers. I tend to trust bloggers more than what the recipe sites say and another benefit is that they usually include step-by-step instructions and/or photos. I am hoping that once I get settled in to my new place, I will be able to show more step-by-step pictures of my cooking. Anyway, on to the kabobs. This recipe will easily feed about 20 people depending on how you roll them and though it takes some time (for me, it was a 2am prep), they are super simple to make. One of the keys to making this easier is to wet your hands every two or three times you roll a kabob. The flavor is outstanding. I was definitely generous in my amounts of spices and I think it paid off. This is definitely something you should taste as you go so my recommendation would be to break off a bit of the meat and cook it and see if it has the flavors you want before cooking up the rest of the batch. I spent quite a bit of time researching recipes I wanted to make for my party, but I am curious to know what some of your favorite party appetizers are. Leave them in the comments!


Kafta Beef Kabobs
(From My Last Bite and Simply Heaven)

2 pounds ground beef
1 bunch of parsley finely chopped washed and well drained
1 onion finely chopped
4-5 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2-2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper (you can use cayenne)
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Mix all ingredients, work it like dough. Roll out and make sure press a little tight so it can stick to the skewer. Wet your hands in between rolling. Grill on a preheated grill until cooked through.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Diana said...

My favorite appetizer comes courtesy of the one and only Ina Garten via the one and only Dishing up Delights -- the chive risotto cakes. Soooo sooo good. :)

Erica said...

Ow- Josh would love this combo! I bet it has just the right amount of spice. Hope you had a good Monday

Sharon said...

Definitely bookmarking this one! I'm the same way - bloggers are my favorite recipe source!

Juliana said...

Wow, love this kind of meat...very flavorful...yummie!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look absolutely delicious. I love anything made with Aleppo pepper. It adds a high not to all the other background flavors. I like this recipe.

Unknown said...

your review sounds like i should run to my kitchen and make them!! hopefully before 2am though :)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Wow you make me so hungry. I'll have to make this recipe that was a winner.

Esi said...

Diana, thanks for reminding me! I love that recipe. Need to make it again.

Erica, had a good busy day. :)

Sharon, I am all about the bloggers!

Mary, I am soo in love with Aleppo. It's my new favorite spice.

Shannon, they are definitely and if you aren't busy you will definitely be done before 2AM.

Helene, thank you!!!

sara said...

These sound too delicious to pass up. Great job!

Reeni said...

I don't think I gave these much notice in your 24 post. But on taking a closer look I can see how delicious they are!

Alicia Foodycat said...

There is a time called 2am? I don't know about that one! Gorgeous kebabs.