Friday, September 19, 2008

Fig and Bacon Salad

Betcha thought you wouldn't see anymore fig recipes from me, huh? Well you thought wrong! As I mentioned before there was so much good stuff at the farmers market and I wanted to buy everything. I picked up yet another basket of figs and then got to searching. Unfortunately the night I picked to do my search I was exhausted and starving so I had to eat dinner first. It was seriously like a flashbulb went off in my head. A quick salad was exactly what I was in the mood for and it took about 15 minutes to make. I still have a couple more fig recipes up my sleeve so stay tuned.


Fig and Bacon Salad
(By Esi)

1 big handful baby spinach
4 figs, stems removed and cut in half
2 slices of bacon
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on towels and set aside to cool. Meanwhile assemble the salad by laying the spinach on the plate and topping with the figs. Chop bacon and spread over the salad. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and balsamic and season with salt and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh, love it. sweet figs, salty smoky bacon - sign me up.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Add a few bits of gorgonzola or goat cheese to that and I will leave my husband and move in with you! Bacon and figs are such a magic combination!

Debbie said...

Oh do I love figs......the best fruit there is!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm drooling over those lovely gems you have there! :)

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

Hey thanks for re-sharing this wonderful salad!!!