Sunday, February 28, 2010

Daring Bakers: Tiramisu

The February 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen and Deeba of Passionate About Baking. They chose Tiramisu as the challenge for the month. Their challenge recipe is based on recipes from The Washington Post, Cordon Bleu at Home and Baking Obsession.

Daring Bakers:Tiramisu

February is an insanely busy month for me and I knew that this challenge would require some time. There are many compenents to this dessert, but none were terribly difficult. I also got excited to try some new techniques including making my own cheese (the leftovers went great with blood oranges). This was my favorite Daring Bakers challenge since the pizza. The mascarpone was so easy and such a dream. It was smooth and creamy and I couldn't get enough. I normally don't like whipped cream, but mixed with mascarpone, pastry cream, and zabaglione, it transforms into something I can consume non-stop. I halved all the recipe parts and served it in these little wine glasses I love.

Empty Tiramisu
(I ate the whole thing)

Recipes can be found on the sites of our hosts. To see the very many creative renditions of this dessert, visit the blogroll.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

Erica said...

What a gorgeous dessert! Looks like all the time was more than worth it! Deliciousness. Hope you're having a good weekend

Sarah said...

Your tiramisu turned out beautiful! I have never made it (or ate it) but yours looks delicious!

Jenn said...

Nice!! I love me some tiramisu. I like that you put it in a glass to make it into an individual serving. Then again that wouldn't stop me from eating up two.

vanillasugarblog said...

i would eat the whole thing too. but i'm surprised you ate the whole thing, your' usually so good (and I'm bad).

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Your single serve Tiramisu looks really good. Thanks for baking with us.

Memória said...

What a beautiful tiramisù. I wish I could have participated this month.

shaz said...

Woo hoo! Glad you found time to make this. I loved the challenge too especially the mascarpone. Yours looks so cute in those glasses.

Diana said...

Bravo bravo! Even better than what I'd pictured! Makes me almost want to be a Daring Baker!

Almost, but not quite. ;)

Maria said...

I would of polished it off too:)

Lisa said...

Esi..so glad you loved this challenge and your spoonable tiramisu 'verrine' looks amazing. I wish I were the one with the empty glass and spoon in front of me! Beautifully done and yummy!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

Your Tiramisu looks great! You are such a great food stylist i love this pic! Why didn't you same me any =(

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I still have some mascarpone left over from this challenge - it was simply divine though! Great job, I love your finished glass!

Olga @ MangoTomato said...

1) love before and after
2) love the simple and elegant presentation

Cheri said...

So cute! And, it looks so creamy and smooth. Perfect!

Andrea said...

Congrats on your cheese making! Your tiramisu looks great, and I, too, love your little glasses.