Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yogurtland

Pistachio and Chocolate Frozen Yogurt from Yogurtland

I'm not gonna lie...lately, life sucks. I have no time for anything and I am stressed all the time. My saving grace lately has been quality time with friends, cooking on weekends, and dessert. This past weekend, I was all set to make Active Foodie's black bean dip when I horribly discovered I was out of black beans!! I always like to have things like black beans on hand so I immediately threw on my hat and ran to the nearest Trader Joes. Down the street from TJs is Yogurtland which friends have been raving about for ages. There is always a line, but I finally braved it to see what all the fuss was about. After tasting a few flavors, I decided to go with the pistachio which I tasted and the chocolate twilight, that I didn't taste, but figured it would be good because...um, how could you go wrong with dark chocolate? I tasted a couple of other flavors like Superfruit tart, which was a wonderful combo of pom, and berries and the cheesecake flavor...forgettable. I love chocolate and pistachio, so I added brownie bits to my combo. One of the best things about Yogurtland is that they price based on weight and it seems to be fair pricing. My semi-full cup lasted me three days (most of which was yesterday) and only cost me about $2.50. The downside was that the chocolate part was like eating chocolate scented air, but the pistachio and brownie bits definitely made up for the lack of chocolate flavor in the yogurt. I definitely think that Yogurtland could be a cheaper alternative to my beloved Pinkberry of which I haven't been able to indulge in much lately. I'm definitely not ruling it out in the very near future...along with a calming bubble bath...and maybe a massage..or maybe...

Yogurtland
310 South La Brea
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-936-5428

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry you have been so stressed. Make sure you keep taking time for yourself and do something fun-like eating fro yo! I love fro yo-one of my favorite treats! Hugs!

Brooke said...

Esi, I'm glad you checked out Yogurtland so I didn't have to. I've been fascinated by the crowds, but not convinced eating the froyo would be worth it. And so it seems the lines are a result of how cheap the flavorless stuff is. I'd rather go to Milk around the corner!

vanillasugarblog said...

stressed indeed. let's go to cabo for a long weekend? ready?
we have no frozen yogurt places anywhere. we're don't even have ice cream. lol

The Food Librarian said...

Sorry about the stress...but what would make any yogurt better? mochi bits. Those are my favorite. :) - mary

Erica said...

Sorry to hear things have been crazy/busy and stressful :(

Froyo is amazing. I am hoping to hit up some Freshberry (our version of your yogurtland) for Valentine's day with Josh...LOVE this place <3 I bet the pistachio was amazing

Gaby said...

I have never been to yogurtland - I totally am partial to my pinkberry and then of course homemade ice cream and yogurt! But I love the fact that you can make it yourself and weigh it - they never give me enough toppings when I go places!

SMILE!! lunch in a few days!

Jenn said...

I LOVE yogurtland!!! I don't care if I have to drive out just to get some. I usually just get the orginal flavor with tons of fresh fruits.

Sorry you're stressed. I'm sure things will calm down soon.

Active Foodie said...

Hello?? Has anybody seen Esi? I think she's lost under a stack of scripts...I about to send in a search party! Hang in there!! :) Sorry things are sucky (yes, that's a word) ;) We'll have to take down an extra marg for you at our lunch next weekend! Hope things start turning around soon!

Diana said...

I'm on the fence about Yogurtland. I do like their taro flavor, but the whole set-up and do-it-yourself pumping is sort of egregious to my personality. I like to be served so I don't have to make all the decisions. Especially since I will often decide to fill my cup to the brim...

Simones Kitchen said...

It's always hard when life is stressful but thankfully there are good things like yogurtland (which I don't know ofcourse..:)) to keep things a little bit in balance (well, ok it's just a little bit but doesn't everything count?)

Memória said...

*HUGS* I know how you're feeling, Esi. I sincerely hope things get less stress-free for you very soon.

That yogurt looks really good. I wish it had a more substantive taste to it. I've yet to try Pinkberry, but I have heard of how good it is. Thanks for the honest review!

P.S. In regard to not getting updates on my blog. I think you may need to resubscribe to it because I changed my website address, and I think that is the reason people have had problems with the updates. I hope it works out that way!! I love when you stop by!

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks so stinkin' lovely!

Esi said...

Thanks everyone!! Unfortunately this season last several more months so we'll see how things go. Your kind words definitely help though :)

Dawn, yes! When do we leave?

Gaby, I do love my Pinkberry and of course the homemade stuff!! Our lunch is definitely something to look forward to!

Sonja, so excited for margs and to see you guys!

shaz said...

Hi Esi, hope things calm down soon. Yogurtland sounds like fun, wish we had frozen yoghurt close by.

Alicia Foodycat said...

You made a cup of yoghurt last 3 days? I am sorry you are having a hard time right now.

Leslie said...

Girl..I hear ya! Stress is a killer. I am super stressed lately as well.
I have never been to Pinkberry. But I hear it has a cult following.