Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Shrimp with Chive Butter

Here's a quick and simple dish for your next party, or a light Sunday lunch if you're like me. It's fantastically easy and quick and the flavor is awesome! I don't know what else to say about them, they are really good. So instead I want to talk about one of my favorite movies ever. Some people tend to think that I am a bit of a Scrooge at this time of year, but I'm not. It's just that, for me, the holidays are bittersweet. However, any time I pop in the movie Love Actually, I am reminded that it really is a time to celebrate and be happy with the people you love. I remember when I went to the theater and I was by myself watching the movie and laughing and crying like a baby. To this day, I still have the same reaction! If for some strange reason you have not seen it, please go rent this amazing movie. It will put a smile on even the grumpiest of faces, and lest I sound cheesy, it will warm your heart as well.



Shrimp with Chive Butter
(Adapted from Epicurious)

1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Juice from 1/2 lemon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
18 uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied
Whole chives
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat broiler. Place mustard in bowl; whisk in lemon juice, then melted butter. Add chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper.

Arrange shrimp on broiler pan. Brush with some of butter mixture. Broil until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Arrange on plates and garnish with whole chives. Serve with remaining butter.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

17 comments:

Diana said...

Sounds like a perfect lunch to me! :)

And, with regards to Love Actually -- my favorite Christmas movie EVER. I get chills every time I watch it! (Even if I do get irritated that Laura Linney ends up with her brother rather than her hot coworker who she is in love with! Yes, I understand that blood is thicker than water and the point is that sometimes that love is more important, but still. Boo hoo!)

The Blonde Duck said...

If only I could eat shrimp!

Meg said...

What a great way to eat shrimp!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a fan of "Love Actually" and shrimp! What a combo. Although, I am a fan of "The Ref" for Christmas, also. Your shrimp looks amazing.

The Food Librarian said...

Seriously crazy delicious. I could eat shrimp all day. The last time I was in Vegas I think I bankrupted the buffet I ate so much shrimp. This looks so yummy!

Esi said...

Diana, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I really think Laura's character should just suck it up. I mean, Rodrigo Santoro is SUCH a hottie!

The Duo Dishes said...

Oh that butter would be good on anything right now! Perhaps you've inspired us to make a big 'ol batch.

Olga said...

Love Actually is one of my favorite movies!!! It makes me cry.

The shrimp look really, really good!

Reeni said...

I had a craving for shrimp today, these look delicious! I bet they would be great with a little pasta. I will have to watch for Love Actually, I've never seen it.

Unknown said...

simple and delicious :)

Erica said...

Looks great! I love basic shrimp dishes like this! Thank you! I will def be making this for Josh and I!

a quiet life said...

recipe looks fresh and clean~ looks like i need to find this movie too~

Sharon said...

Oh, I absolutely love that movie! We joke that it's the only girl movie hubby has ever seen with me (and it's not really even a girl movie).

I love shrimp even more than that movie!

Debbie said...

Looks great! I can eat shrimp every night!

vanillasugarblog said...

Mmmm, light and simple. This would be good over a touch of tarragon pasta.

Anonymous said...

I love Love Actually. One of my best friends just called me this weekend and said, "I'm watching Love Actually and thinking about you." It really is a great movie, one that has made its way into my holiday rotation.
~Cat

Alicia Foodycat said...

Love Actually is a great movie! I've been wanting to see it again for ages but now you have really inspired me. And the shrimp look delicious (although it might have to wait until I am in Sydney because good prawns are SO expensive in the OK right now!)