Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fat Flush Stir-fry

Fat Flush Stirfry

So day 1 of the fat flush is done. In all honesty, I am not sure I am going to make it a week, much less three days. I have mentioned before that I don't really believe in diets, so you may be wondering why I was willing to put myself through this cleanse. It's just to kind of jump start my system and get out the toxins, but all the restrictions are already kind of bugging me. I am much more a fan of moderation, so that is probably what I will switch back to before today is over. However, I did want you to know that I have been eating actual food including dishes like this stir fry. One of the key points of this flush is to use little to no salt. Instead, you're supposed to use other spices (but only certain ones) to enhance the flavor of the food. In this stir fry, the flavor comes from ginger and cayenne. Since the FM was closed over the weekend, I was a little delayed in getting my vegetables so I just used what I had around. This is actually not a bad tasting dish despite its bland appearance. The ginger and cayenne definitely liven it up and the crisp vegetables are definitely the way I prefer to eat vegetables. Thanks to everyone for all the support with this. Your words of encouragement (and one "raw" cookie and a handful of peanuts), definitely helped me get through the day!

Basic Stir-fry
(Adapted from The Fat Flush Plan)

2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
8 ounces chicken (you can also use shrimp, lamb, or beef)
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon ginger
Pinch cayenne

Heat broth in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

Add the protein and cook until almost done. Add veggies and seasonings, cooking until tender.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. I don't know how I'll survive in this cleanse, because I load up on the sodium a lot. you're doing a good job, and pretty admirable to be sticking to it! good luck!

Maria said...

Good luck. I don't believe in diets. I do believe in healthy eating, exercise, and moderation:) Good for you for trying it! I hope it goes well.

Erica said...

This actually sounds very yummy and clean to me....I think I've been on this clean kick for too long ;)

Christina Kim said...

Looks tasty! They key to making healthy food taste good is making it LOOK good (you've done that), and herbs/spices (you've done that too!). Well done!

Pearl said...

love that stirfry! looks omnomnom :)

Diana said...

I am really impressed. It's tough to stick to a disciplined diet! Heck, I had trouble just giving up one small piece of my diet!

The stirfry actually does look and sound really refreshing. I'll have to remember this recipe for those days when I eat one too many cookies. :)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Good luck, hope it goes well.

Marta said...

This reminds me of Oprah's cleansing menu! It looks fantastic, though, very light and refreshing! Thanks for sharing it :)

vanillasugarblog said...

esi we're having grilled cheeseburgers for dinner and a balsamic salad, come on over.

Esi said...

Day 2 is so far so good. Think I can make it another day. Thanks again for the well wishes!

Dawn, you are mean, woman! :)

Simones Kitchen said...

I think your dish certainly looks very tasty and that is half the joy isn't it? I'm trying to be good myself, but it is hard, so very hard!! Goodluck!

Sharon said...

Best of luck! I recently tried to cut carbs and didn't last more than 2 days....oops.

Reeni said...

I would eat this and be happy! I like that you can have chicken, at first I thought it was just veggies, but I bet the protein helped fill you up.

Summer said...

sounds light and healthy! best of luck with the cleanse. at least it involves food and not just beverages.

Heather said...

sounds simple and yummy. good luck with the cleanse :)

Anonymous said...

You can do it! Just think how great you will feel, when you are done. I wish I had your will power :)

Donna-FFW said...

I believe you can do anything you set your mind to.. Looks like a great dish

CashmereLibrarian said...

I'm halfway through the Fat Flush; a week to go. My husband and I do this twice a year and it really works! So stick with it if you can--it gets easier, and you will be happy with the results.

Esi said...

Cashmere Librarian, I am impressed you can do it twice a year. I may give it another go at a different time.