Monday, March 26, 2012

Chipotle-Garlic Edamame

Chipotle-Garlic Edamame

One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday in LA was to hang out with my friend Raul. We'd spend the day catching up on life, and of course drinking wine. I miss him already, even though I have only been gone for a couple of days. I made sure to get one of these lazy Saturdays in before I left and we had a great time watching Ina, drinking wine, and flipping through the recent issue of Food & Wine magazine. This recipe caught my eye immediately and as I was grocery shopping on the way home, I picked up some edamame so I could make it soon. I always keep all of the other ingredients in my pantry. This comes together quickly and has an addictive smoky, garlicky, and salty flavor. I'll be honest with you and tell you I consumed the entire bowl of edamame that you see above about 45 seconds after I took the picture. It was so worth it.



One year ago: Stir-Fried Pork with Leeks and Sugar Snap Peas
Two years ago: Sticky Meyer Lemon Rolls
Three years ago: Tender Greens



Chipotle-Garlic Edamame
(Adapted from Food & Wine, March 2012)

Makes 4 servings

14 ounces frozen cooked edamame in its shell
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 chipotle in adobo, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Coarse sea salt to taste

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the edamame. Cook for 1 minute and then drain. Pat the edamame dry.

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, garlic cloves, chipotle, and cumin over medium heat. Stir to combine. Add the edamame , stir to combine, and cook for about 2 minutes or until the garlic has softened. Add salt to taste and serve warm or at room temperature.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

i bet raul was just heartbroken.
it just means he has to come to c-town to give you lovings and support.

Alicia Foodycat said...

YUM. I am making these!

Elliott said...

And she's gone. Your post gave me goose bumps. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. I'm really bad at that. But at least I have some edamame in the house. And your blog to read.
Love.

Joanne said...

Umm yeah these would be gone in a hearbeat (or LESS!) in my apartment. So spicy delicious!

kristina Vanni said...

Edamame is a great compliment to so many things. I love the flavor and spice of this!

The Urban Baker said...

YUM!!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! said...

this is on my list of recipes to try this week! can't wait :)

The Duo Dishes said...

Missed your going away as well. :( Hope Chicago welcomed you with open arms. Share the edamame with all of the new friends you'll make.

marla said...

We love edamame & are always looking for new ways to prepare it.