Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bouchon Bistro

I'm in my last few days in Los Angeles, and the reality of this move is hitting me hard. All of a sudden, my list of things to do in LA is longer and will take more time than days I have left. One of the biggest priorities has been to see as many friends as possible so another lunch was in order. This time it was Bouchon Bistro in Beverly Hills. I've long admired Thomas Keller and have made some of his recipes, but never dined at any of his restaurants so I enthusiastically agreed when my friends decided this was where they wanted to take me.

We started with the olivade and tapenade ($8). On one side is a traditional tapenade and on the other is a creamy olivade. Both have that outstanding salty, briny flavor and we needed to ask for more of the toasted bread to sop it up. 

Olive Tapenade

Olive Tapenade

Danielle and I both ordered the turkey sandwich (Sandwich a la Dinde, $11.50) which is served on toasted pecan bread with watercress and aged cheddar. This isn't your every day turkey sandwich.

Turkey Sandwich at Bouchon

Matt went with the Salade de Steak ($18.50) with juicy pieces of flatiron, romaine lettuce, Roquefort, and potatoes. He ate the whole thing.

Steak Salad at Bouchon

As an extra treat, we were given a serving of pommes frites ($7). These were the perfect french fries. Hot and crispy and perfectly salted. Good thing my friends had to go or we would have devoured them all.

Pommes Frites at Bouchon

The patio at Bouchon is amazing for Beverly Hills people watching and combined with the good food, it's an experience you just can't pass up.


One year ago: Breakfast Pizza
Two years ago: Mexican Chocolate Cake
Three years ago: Quinoa Cakes



Bouchon Bistro
235 N. Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 271-9910
Website

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

vanillasugarblog said...

people watching in BH is the best isn't it?
you and I would be so chatty over that part Totes.

Erica said...

The sandwich bread looks wonderful! Yum yum. Glad you're enjoying your last few

Deliciously Organic said...

I haven't been to Bouchon yet, but it's on my list! Good luck on your move. I hope the transition goes smoothly!

lynn said...

i'm going to miss you esi!!!

Gastronomer said...

Another fine choice for your series of final meals. Can't wait to eat with you in Chicago!

Joanne said...

I never crave fries but those...I WANT.

Let Me Eat Cake said...

been meaning to check it out at happy hour hear they have a great happy hour menu and figured this would be a budget friendly time to go :)

Diana said...

Why you want to leave me?!?!

The reality of you leaving is starting to sink it for me not too.

I'm visiting fo' sure. And then we'll tack off some of my Chicago to-eats. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am going to miss you. Yet, I know our kindered spirits will remain and will be friends for lifetimes! Let me know when you get there safely!

susan said...

I will miss you, but I know our kindered spirits will stay friends for lifetimes! safe travels - keep me posted.

Unknown said...

glad you got to visit before you left!! totally need to get there someday :) hope Chicago is just as tasty!!

Kristina Vanni said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful meal! Can't wait to give this place a try!