Monday, March 12, 2012

Speculoos Spread, White Chocolate, and Pistachio Blondies

Speculoos Spread, White Chocolate, and Pistachio Blondies

I'm trying to clear out my kitchen in preparation for my move. I'm getting rid of almost everything so I can travel as lightly as possible. That meant using up some of my always on hand baking supplies as well as my jar of newly acquired speculoos spread. These blondies are a fun and simple treat. I decided to add a salty crunch with roasted pistachios and it really highlighted the caramel undertones in theses sweet blondies. 


One year ago: Baked Chocolate Donuts with Ganache
Two years ago: Korean BBQ Chicken (Dak Bulgogi)
Three years ago: Vanilla Pistachio Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream




Speculoos Spread, White Chocolate, and Pistachio Blondies
(Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod)

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup (packed) brown sugar
1/4 cup speculoos spread
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 roughly chopped roasted and salted pistachios

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter or spray an 8x8 baking dish.

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar together, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the speculoos spread. Let the mixture cool.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

Add the egg and vanilla to the speculoos mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.

Press the dough into the baking pan making sure to spread it all the way to the edges. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios over the dough and use your fingers to lightly press them in to the dough. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool the blondies on a rack for 10 minutes before cutting in to squares.

Printable Recipe

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Erica said...

I'm going to have to pick up some biscoff...give in to the fact that my TJs will never have this goodness. These look awesome!

susan said...

these look almost too good to eat! how exciting...such a great time in your life!

marla said...

Such a decadent and delicious looking treat!

Let Me Eat Cake said...

i've just found my next cookie butter recipe :) i love this stuff so much!

Unknown said...

another move? no fun! but these blondies certainly are good fuel for all that packing :) new place in LA or moving elsewhere?

Esi said...

Shannon, I'm moving to Chicago!

Kristina Vanni said...

I've been meaning to try Speculoos Spread! I love your take on this!

Banana Wonder said...

Amazing stuff! What is with both you and Natassia posting speculoos recipes? You gals are cruel...

Joanne said...

Tragically I am OUT of speculoos spread...but you can bet I'll be buying some to make these... and the addiction lives on!

vanillasugarblog said...

ohhh totes!
hello!
these sound good. I have yet to bake with the speculoos

cookingcollegechick said...

These look divine! I have been looking for recipes that use speculoos spread. I definitely want to try these soon!