Sunday, June 15, 2008

Citrus Quinoa Salad

Lately I have had a couple of requests for more warm weather recipes. I'm here to deliver people, so keep bringing the requests. A while ago I sent myself this recipe I saw on Tastespotting and now with it's tragic demise, I have no idea where it originated so I can't give credit where it's due. It's fast and super healthy with virtually no fat!!

Citrus Quinoa Salad

1/2 c organic quinoa
1 c organic, free-range chicken broth
3 oz freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
1 Japanese cucumber peeled, seeded and cubed
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 (heaping) tsp cumin
1/4 roughly chopped parsley
salt and pepper

Bring chicken broth to a boil, add quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Set quinoa aside to cool. Combine all ingredients into chilled quinoa and serve chilled or at room temperature.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: