Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lemonade

For those of you that don't know, I have a new love affair with the restaurant that is literally across the street from my apartment. I have made it a Saturday afternoon habit to stop by Lemonade for some salad and, well...some lemonade. Everything I have tried is fantastic, but my favorites include the snap pea and edamame salad, the Moroccan carrot salad, and the chicken and jicama salad. They also have a pretty delicious looking selection of sandwiches and hot items including one of the creamiest mac and cheeses I have ever had. The moment I tried the blueberry mint lemonade, I was hooked, but the boysenberry is really great too. They also have this mock ding-dong (or is it a ho-ho?) dessert that gets me excited. The staff is all friendly and helpful, you will often find the owners there with their kids (and all of their kids' friends) and they let you try anything before you commit to buying it (except for the sandwiches and desserts). Andrew and I went today and ran into a couple we saw last week (I was a little embarrassed at first because last week Andrew told them he wanted to steal their baby - but they didn't seem to remember), but it's good to see that I am not the only one enjoying this cool neighborhood hang.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

musicbleep said...

WHATEVER!!! Thanks for inviting ME to your new "spot". Next time I guess...