Saturday, June 14, 2008

Linguine with Garlic Oil and Pancetta

Back in my senior year of college, I developed a little bit of a girl crush on Nigella Lawson. I used to watch Nigella Bites and Fashion Week programming religiously on the Style Network. I just loved her ease in the kitchen and her way of describing food. Even if it was something I never thought I would eat, I wanted to try it just because of how she made it sound. I have owned her books Nigella Bites and Forever Summer for quite some time now, and several of the recipes have become staples for a quick weekend dinner. I made this one for my friend Andrew a few months ago and he always asks me to make it when I suggest dinner (although I think I have only made it for him once). I had a very harried day and even though I had another delicious lunch at my new favorite restaurant (review coming later), I was starving tonight and wanted simple, fast and delish. This recipe is from the book Nigella Bites and is listed under the TV Dinners section. It's perfect for a night in with your favorite movie and a blanket - or even a cool summer evening when you are exhausted beyond belief.

Linguine With Garlic Oil and Pancetta
(adapted from Nigella Bites)

8 oz linguine
2 tbsp garlic infused oil (I used grape seed oil, but olive oil is suggested)
8 oz pancetta (I used sliced prosciutto)
about 1/4 c parsley leaves, roughly chopped (optional)

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add linguine and cook to al dente and drain. At the same time add oil to a skillet and crisp up prosciutto. Add linguine to prosciutto and combine well. Add parsley and mix again. Serve with freshly shredded Parmesan if desired.

This is seriously such a simple recipe with the most awesome flavors and the parsley adds a nice fresh touch. I have done this with prosciutto, pancetta, and even bacon but never the cubed pancetta suggested in the original recipe. Any way, it is awesome and so fast!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: