Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Whole Wheat Pasta with a Fried Egg and Asparagus

I saw this recipe on Tastespotting the other day and this other one on Giada a few weeks ago. I have never tried an egg and pasta combination, but they both looked easy and really good. I kind of combined the recipes, tweaked a few things and voila - a fresh, easy, and very fast dinner!

Whole Wheat Pasta with a Fried Egg and Asparagus

1 oz whole wheat spaghetti
3 thin asparagus stalks, sliced in thirds
1 egg
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp shredded Parmesan
nonstick cooking spray
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a bowl of water with ice. In the same water the asparagus was cooked in, boil spaghetti until al dente. Meanwhile cook the egg in a separate pan to desired done-ness (Is that a word?!) and season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta and reserve about 1 tsp of pasta water. Combine pasta, reserved water, lemon zest, lemon juice and Parmesan. Top with asparagus and then the egg. Sprinkle with more Parmesan if desired.

Please forgive the blur of this picture. I actually tried this recipe yesterday too, but it is as quick to eat as it is to make and I couldn't even get my camera out in time. Almost the same deal tonight, but I managed to get one!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: