Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chocolate Chip Blondies

For some reason, I had the urge to bake this week, but with the weather being insanely hot this past weekend I couldn't do much about that feeling. Now, with the weather cooled down to respectable temperatures and the nights being blissfully cool and air conditioning-free, I dug out this recipe, mostly because it was made entirely of things I already had in my kitchen!!

Chocolate Chip Blondies
(from Simply Recipes)

1/2 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 c tightly packed dark brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 c all-purpose flour
1/3 semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly butter an 8x8 pan. Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture and whisk.

Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the sugar mixture and mix it all together. Add the chocolate chips or any other mix ins you would prefer.

Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20-25* minutes until a fork comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve.

*Being the impatient baker that I am, I only cooked these for about 20 minutes and they came out a little soft, but...OMFG!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: