Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Asparagus and Garlic Pasta

First: Yes, I did survive the LA Earthquake 2008 (obviously). Second, it technically wasn't even in LA which is why we only felt a slight rumble. Now on to the food...Last week I stumbled across yet another amazing food blog. I was so excited to see Donal put up this recipe because it uses one of my favorite summer vegetables and it takes less than 15 minutes for this to all come together.


Asparagus and Garlic Pasta
(from The Good Mood Food Blog)

handful of organic, whole wheat spaghetti
8-10 slim asparagus stalks, cut into one inch pieces
squeeze of lemon juice
about 1 tbsp parsley
1 clove garlic
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
freshly grated Parmesan for serving

Bring to medium saucepans of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti to one pot and cook until al dente - about 12 minutes. Add asparagus to the other pot and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.

Add asparagus, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper to taste to a food processor. Pulse until it forms a paste. Drain pasta and return to the saucepan. Add the asparagus mixture and toss to combine. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

test it comm said...

This asparagus pasta sounds simple and tasty.

Neen said...

Mmmm, any way to use garlic is luscious, and I especially like that this recipe bypasses the standard pasta-garlic-tomato sauce so something radically different...simply by changing one ingredient! By the way, that's so neat that your family is from Ghana! My parents met in Ivory Coast, and I grew up in Senegal and Gabon... which I suppose makes us practically family in this part of the world!

Donal said...

Hey there!
Funny story- I just randomly surfed on by after spotting your sausage and lentil dish below on tastespotting or was it food gawker?- and then clicked on your main page to see this!

I feel a little honoured! :)

I hope you enjoyed it!

Donal x