Monday, July 14, 2008

Grilled Pizza with Arugula and Prosciutto

I have been wanting to try a grilled pizza for a while. I picked up some plain pizza dough at Trader Joe's yesterday so I decided to give it a go. For the sauce, I just used a jarred arrabiata sauce that I made extra spicy with a few extra red pepper flakes and some arugula and prosciutto that I had on hand. This turned out really well. I like really thin, crispy crusts so next time I will either roll the dough out thinner or cook it for a little longer on each side.

Grilled Pizza with Arugula and Prosciutto
(By Esi)

1/3 lb pizza dough
flour for dusting
1 tbsp organic olive oil
handful organic arugula
1 tbsp arrabiata sauce
2 slices prosciutto, torn into strips
dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 c organic shredded mozzarella

Turn the dough onto a floured board. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness. Heat a grill on medium high. Brush one side of the dough with olive oil. Place the oiled side down on the grill and then brush the other side of the dough with oil. Cook dough for about 4 minutes on one side, flip and cook for one minute. Spread sauce over the top of the dough and top with cheese. Close the lid of the grill and cook until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.

Remove pizza from the grill and top with arugula and prosciutto.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

That is a great looking pizza! When I had a grill, I used to love grilled pizza - I made one last year with fresh figs, blue cheese and arugala!

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

This sounds amazing! I think I might even add the prosciutto and arugula and cover the grill a moment or so longer to wilt the arugula a bit.

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy. Have you tried making the dough from scratch? I've been underwhelmed by trader joe's dough.

http://lastomach.wordpress.com/