Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

I had some asparagus left over so I decided to try it grilled with some prosciutto. I have seen recipes for prosciutto wrapped asparagus, but since July 1st kicks off grilling season, I thought I would try a little somethin' on the grill. To be quite honest, I didn't love this. I'm not quite sure why, I think maybe it needed a little something extra like a splash of lemon juice for freshness. For now, I will just stick with my roasted asparagus.

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

5 asparagus stalks
5 slices prosciutto

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for two minutes. Remove asparagus and pat dry. Wrap each piece of asparagus in a slice of prosciutto. Place on a medium-high grill and grill for about 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been to parties where they served it wrapped in bacon, and yes, garnished with lemon on the side. It was good and when I went back for another they were all gone!

Don't give up ..

Denise
http:/www.WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com

Thistlemoon said...

Now that is delicious! :)

Joel said...

One thing that will make all of the difference is balsamic vinegar. After you wrap the asparagus, lightly drizzle the balsamic over each piece, so when you cook it the vinegar will carmelize.

Also, don't boil the asparagus. Skewer about 3 spears wrapped in prosciutto with soaked wood skewers, one on each end of the asparagus spear. Then drizzle with balsamic, and THEN throw them onto the grill. Give it another try, I promise you will love it.