Thursday, July 24, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers: Smoked Salmon Spread

The second July recipe for Barefoot Bloggers was chosen by Ashley of the Spicy Skillet. I was a little worried at first about making this because I didn't know when and where I would serve it, but this past weekend also happened to be my birthday and a couple of friends came over for dinner before we went out, so I served it as the appetizer. I made it the night before and when I tasted it, I thought it was just OK, but I am glad I let it sit in the fridge overnight. The flavors really came together well. This was great with vegetables and crackers, but I am sure it would be delicious on a bagel too as a new take on bagels and lox. Head over to the Barefoot Bloggers site to see how everyone else did on the recipe!

Smoked Salmon Spread
(from Ina Garten)

8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 c low-fat sour cream
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
1 tsp prepared horseradish, drained
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 oz smoked salmon, minced

Cream the cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sour cream, horseradish, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I didn't think about leaving it sit for a while, wish I had the time, but I was in a hurry to get this stuff out of my house before I turned into a fishie!
~The Cat's Pajamas

webbie said...

It surprised me how much I liked this. Your picture is lovely.

Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Isn't it amazing how just letting something sit in the fridge overnight can change the flavor? Job well done!

test it comm said...

That sounds amazing!

Laura said...

Looks great! I am glad that it tastes good after sitting for a night. I just made mine and plan to eat it tomorrow so it should be perfect! Good job.