Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Greek Yogurt with Peaches

For some reason this week is all about the non-recipe recipes. I am not really sure why, but all week I haven't been in the mood to turn on my oven and do crazy things in the kitchen. I am saving my energy for next week when I get some new toys for my kitchen and take on the task of baking myself a birthday cake! So continuing this week's simplicity, here's something I put together to get me through an exciting night of laundry...and also a fun way to use the lovely peaches I picked up at the farmer's market.

Greek Yogurt with Peaches

1/4 c nonfat Greek yogurt
1 organic peach, sliced
1 tsp (approx) honey
sprinkle of slivered, toasted almonds

Assemble all ingredients in a bowl and let the summer breeze rush over you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Prudy said...

That looks delicious. I'm a huge fan of Greek Yogurt. I'm so glad it's peach season!

Anonymous said...

If you can't find Greek yogurt, you can put some plain yogurt on a cheesecloth or coffee strainer paper over a bowl, to let the water seep out overnight.

Anonymous said...

I have a newly discovered love for Greek yogurt and honey too! Such a great dessert! I blogged about it just the other day, actually. I like your addition of the slivered almonds - nice crunch!