Monday, July 14, 2008

Spaghetti with Pinot Grigio and Shrimp

As I said yesterday, I consumed a *bit* too much wine at our potluck. I managed to stumble to the farmer's market, but I was late and a lot of the farmer's were out of the produce I was looking for! Won't make that mistake again. Of course I was starving when I came back. I had some wine leftover so I used it to make this dish. I also wanted to use my fancy new cutting board (which I already love!). Anyway, back to the food. It's adapted from one of my favorite episodes of Everyday Italian when Giada cooks dishes inspired by a visit to a vineyard. It's easy to make and light and perfect for summer.

Spaghetti with Pinot Grigio and Shrimp
(adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)

3/4 lb whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 shallots, sliced
1/4 c sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c pinot grigio
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
2 heaping handfuls organic arugula
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp shredded Parmesan (optional)

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes, until shallots are soft, season with salt and pepper. Add sundried tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add the shrimp and wine. Cover, and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta to the seafood mixture and toss to combine, season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and stir in gently. Serve immediately with shredded Parmesan if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: