Saturday, July 26, 2008

Peach Cobbler

Back when I was a Girl Scout, we used to make some strange things. Yellow cake in a hollowed out orange, wrapped in foil and cooked over the fire? But one thing I do remember making peach cobbler and really enjoying it. After seeing all the Tuesdays with Dorie pictures this week, I was inspired to use one of my farmer's market peaches to make a cobbler. I have never made up my own baking recipe before, but I tried to measure things and this came out pretty well. Also, I was able to use my sexy new ramekins (yes, I just referred to ramekins as sexy) and my cute new food processor. I am so excited to come up with more baking recipes!

Peach Cobbler

Makes 2 servings

1 organic peach, chopped
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp suagr
dash of cinnamon

1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
1 1/2 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
about 3 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

To make the filling:
Place the peaches in a small bowl and stir in sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Set aside.

To make the topping:
Put the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse to blend. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Drizzle in the milk and pulse until it forms a dough. Turn the dough onto a floured board. Cut into four pieces and shape each piece into a ball.

Divide the peach mixture between two lightly sprayed 4.5 oz ramekins. Place two balls of dough on top of each ramekin. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minute until the top is golden and the peach mixture is bubbling. Cool before serving.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


bakingforthecure said...

looks like the perfect comfor food! yummy!

Kevin said...

Peach cobblers are so good! I like to use ramekins to make individual sized servings of crisps, crumbles and cobblers as well.

Alexa said...

It sounds so summery and light. I love the fact that the recipe serves 2, most recipes for cobblers feed a whole army... This is perfect!

Kristen said...

I love a good peach cobbler! Mmmmmm!