Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chickpeas with Greens

Many thanks to Candice and Rich of Mmm, Tasty! for this recipe. I had some leftover chickpeas and arugula and had no clue what I was going to do with them this week and then this recipe fell into my radar. It took about 5 minutes to cook and was light and delicious.

Chickpeas with Greens
(adapted from Mmm, Tasty!)

1 c organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 organic, free-range egg
1 heaping handful arugula
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp organic extra virgin olive oil
dash of ground cumin
dash of cayenne
1 or 2 splashes white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)

In a small pan, fry egg to desired done-ness. Season with salt and pepper. You can also hard boil or poach the egg if you prefer. In another pan, heat olive oil and add chickpeas, salt, cayenne, and cumin. Cook until peas are warmed through. Add arugula and wine and cook until the arugula is slightly wilted. Serve chickpea mixture in a dish and top with the egg.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you found the recipe useful and tasty! It's now gone into my regular rotation for those days when there isn't time to cook. Every time I change up the herbs and spices to make it a bit different.